Saturday, July 19, 2014

Kobe sent text message to Lin: "Welcome to the team"



Q :What reaction and behaviors do your Laker teammates have after you are traded to the Lakers?

A :Have not gotten in touch and chatted with teammates. But Kobe sent me a text. "Welcome to the team"


Q :Gasol left the team, how big of impact do you think that is for the Lakers?

A :I think it's gonna be huge. Basketball is all about teamwork. Gasol had great chemistry with the team, so of course I hope he didn't leave. I feel he is top 5 in the league in terms of interior scoring.


Q :According to the current situation, have you thought about your role on the Lakers in the new season? leaning heavier on offense or defense?

A :It's hard to say right now. Because we dont even know who the coach is going to be. I think every coach has a different tactic and style of play. Point of emphasis is also quite different. I hope to have more opportunity on the offensive end, but at the same time also do well on defense. I believe I can be a qualified starter and complete the assignments instructed by the coach.


Q :After so many coaches, who is your fav?

A :Of course D'Antoni. He is the type of coach that really understand how to teach me. He understands how to let me utilized my capabilities. Whenever I run into difficulties during training, he would know something is bothering me from my painful expression, and help me resolve the issue.


Q :What new techniques are you going to be practicing this off-season?

A :Pretty similar to last year. Main thing is to improve my 3 point shooting percentage. Also floaters. I feel most point guards, the best NBA pointgards all have great floaters. Like Curry, Parker, CP3.


Q :After joining Lakers, becoming the teammates with two of the best guards Kobe and Nash, what things are you prepared to learn from them?

A :To be able to play basketball with them is no doubt a great learning experience. They have been in the league for so long. I need to learn to eat healthy regularly, and how to maintain my body and recover after injury. I have been playing for 4 years, I feel my performance hasn't been consistent. Sometimes very tired... feeling soreness in some parts of my body. They have been playing so long, but still have very steady performance, and doing well maintaining their own body. Hope my career also can last as long as theirs. I also want to learn their thought process when playing basketball, and their philosophies. They are both future hall of famers, so I will learn more from them in the new season.


Q :Talk about Chandler Parsons. He is gonna play for Mavs. What do you think about his future development?

A :I am very happy for him. I know he is also very happy. He is very excited. He needs a coach and team that value him. I think Mavs will be good for him. They will have good chemistry with each other, and they will be a good fit. Chandler is an unselfish player. I think Dallas will be a great opportunity for him.


Q :What about Rockets? Rockets lost you, Asik and Parsons. And even Melo didn't come. Only Ariza joined. How do you speculate Rocket's next season performance?

A :I dont know. I still think they are very strong because they still have 2 super stars. Next year they will have more experience. Last year was first year Harden and Howard play together, so their chemistry is still quite not there yet, but I think they will be a top 4 or top 5 team.


Q Lebron went from Heat to Cavs this summer. Do you think that changes the landscape between east and the west?

A :I think West will be stronger. This finals for example. Spurs won by 4:1 that is a huge gap. West has many stars. New season will be like last year, they will play well.


Q :Which team is the strongest in the East? There is no more Lebron at Heat...

A :Perhaps Indiana. I think it's Pacers.


Q :After 4 years, can you talk about the experience in these 4 years in NBA? from Warriors to NYK; Then From Rockets to Lakers. What is your biggest growth and realization?

A :I learned alot of stuff. Every morning I wake up thanking God. Thankful that I am still playing basketball. Because NBA is really my dream. But I know the road is sometimes tougher, also I recall some difficult times. I feel if I can just improve a little every year, improve my basketball skills, then I would have growth. I appreciate the experience in the NBA. I never thought I would made it in the NBA when I was little.


Interview took place in Jeremy Lin's AsiaTour summer of 2014
Source: http://bbs.hupu.com/9972648.html (translation by @supjackjack)

No comments:

Post a Comment